Tags

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Firefighters battle the blaze this morning at 232 Russell St. in Mountain Home. (Mountain Home Fire/Rescue Facebook photo by Greg Ifland)

Firefighters battle the blaze this morning at 232 Russell St. in Mountain Home. (Mountain Home Fire/Rescue Facebook photo by Greg Ifland)

Mountain Home Fire-Rescue logoMountain Home, Ark. — A young Mountain Home man escaped on his own but was severely burned from a fire this morning in his house at 232 Russell St., Mountain Home.
Ethan Hooper, 25, was airlifted to a Missouri hospital, firefighters said.
Thirteen cats in the house, however, did not escape and were killed.
Mountain Home Fire/Rescue arrived at the scene at 8:35 a.m. today, shortly after Hooper escaped.
Fire Chief Ken Williams said the fire was apparently started by a freestanding kerosene heater catching nearby combustibles on fire.
Following that, the front section of the house apparently exploded.
The fire extinguished but still smoking. (Mountain Home Fire/Rescue Facebook photo by Greg Ifland)

The fire extinguished but still smoking. (Mountain Home Fire/Rescue Facebook photo by Greg Ifland)

The kerosene heater believed to have caused the fire. (Mountain Home Fire Department photo by Tom Schultheis)

The kerosene heater believed to have caused the fire. (Mountain Home Fire Department photo by Tom Schultheis)

Showing damage to the front part of the house with the rest of the house relatively undamaged. (Mountain Home Fire/Rescue Facebook photo by Greg Ifland) Showing damage to the front part of the house with the rest of the house relatively undamaged. (Mountain Home Fire/Rescue Facebook photo by Greg Ifland)[/caption]

Carries Diner 3Fish Shack 4BBQ and Trailers 3-19-16